These savory quinoa burgers are extremely versatile, and make the perfect meatless meal. I had enough burgers to last for several meals, which is always helpful for a busy week.
The thing I love about these burgers is they can be served so many different ways! The first night I made these, I placed them on a bed of greens and topped them with parmesan cheese and diced tomatoes. I took a couple to work one day topped with leftover mediterranean bean salad. I was craving something more Italian-themed one night, and had some pasta sauce in the fridge, so I smothered the burgers in marina sauce and parmesan cheese. You could even make a hearty breakfast by topping the burgers with a fried egg.
Anytime I try a meatless burger, I’m always a little nervous about how well it’ll turn out. With these burgers, the batter is so easy to mold into patties and they don’t fall apart in the pan either. Plus, with only a few minutes to cook on each side, you’ll have these whipped up in no time!
Try these out and let me know your favorite way to serve them! I’m excited to see how other people enjoy these tasty burgers.
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 4 eggs
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 1/2 package mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup mixed greens
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt + pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or enough to cover the bottom of a frying pan)
- Add the quinoa and water to a medium pot and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, whisk the eggs in a large mixing bowl. Add the onions and mushrooms, salt, pepper, rosemary, and garlic and mix.
- Sautée the greens for a few minutes until they are tender. Add the greens to the mixing bowl and stir.
- Add the cooked quinoa and breadcrumbs to the mixture. Stir and let sit for a few minutes until the batter thickens up a little bit.
- Heat the olive oil in a small or medium frying pan over medium heat. The larger the pan, the more oil you'll have to use.
- Mold the batter into 1/4 cup patties and set on a plate until the oil is warm.
- Place the patties in the pan and cover. Let the burgers cook for 3-4 minutes on each side.
- Let the burgers rest on a paper towel to absorb the extra oil.
- Serve the burgers your favorite way and enjoy!