I’ve never been a huge fan of cooked spinach, but even I have to admit these egg and spinach patties turned out super well. Obviously comprised of eggs and spinach, you’ll definitely get your protein and greens fix with these as your main dish.
I made these for dinner, served on a bun with red onion and ketchup, with homemade tater tots on the side. They could also work as a nice breakfast patty too, almost like a mini frittata.
You could use frozen spinach to make these as well, but I think using fresh spinach makes the patties much tastier.
Skipping out on veggies is a bad habit I have when I get super busy. Since they’re usually served on the side, it’s easy to try and simplify meal times as much as possible by eliminating things on the side. With these, your greens are a key part of the main dish, so you don’t really have to think about getting all your veggies in!
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 10 oz fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 egg whites
- 1 whole egg
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs
- Heat the coconut oil in a medium frying pan over medium heat for 1 minute before adding the spinach. Sauté for a few minutes until the spinach starts wilting.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the spinach, eggs, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and bread crumbs. Mix thoroughly.
- Let the mixture set for a few minutes to let the bread crumbs absorb the liquid.
- Mold the mixture into patties, a little bigger than 1/4 cup sized.
- Cook the patties in a frying pan over medium heat for a 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Serve immediately!