Pasta salad is one of the easiest things to make. You can take whatever veggies, pasta, and beans you have, throw them together, and you’ll probably end up with something tasty. They’re also great because they work as a side or a main dish.
For this pasta salad, I used rotini noodles, cannellini beans, cucumber, and arugula for the base. I used red onion, black olives, and feta to add some flavor. Arugula is a pretty strong flavor, so if you’re not a fan, I think mixed greens or spinach would be a good substitute.
I recommend adding the arugula last so that everything else can get mixed together well. Pasta salad usually tastes best after it’s chilled for a few hours, but if you’re pressed for time, this salad will still taste great right away.
- 2 cups dry rotini
- 1 can cannellini beans
- 1 small cucumber
- 1/4 red onion
- 5-6 black olives
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 cups arugula
- Cook the rotini according to the the directions on the package.
- While the pasta is cooking, thoroughly rinse the beans and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Dice the cucumber and onion. Slice the black olives. Add to the mixing bowl.
- Add the salt, pepper, garlic, basil, and feta to the mixing bowl.
- Once the rotini is done, rinse it in cold water, and add to the mixing bowl.
- Stir the salad until all the ingredients are well mixed.
- Roughly chop the arugula and add the the mixing bowl, and stir in.
- Chill and serve.