Who doesn’t love tater tots? They’re probably one of my favorite guilty pleasures. But you don’t have to feel guilty about these tater tots since they’re baked and use only a little bit of oil!
I used my food processor to slice the potatoes after parboiling them. They came out in pretty long strips, so I cut them shorter before molding them into tots. A lot of recipes call for extra oil, eggs, and flour in the tots, but I only added a tiny bit of oil and spices. The starch in the potatoes should be enough to hold the tots together, without adding tons of calories.
These tots are sure to be a crowd pleaser, even for the pickiest eater! They’ll be the perfect side for any burger or sandwich, and the rosemary really adds a little bit of a complex flavor, so they can even stand on their own.
- 2 medium to large potatoes
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 415°.
- Peel and rinse the potatoes and parboil them, about 10-12 minutes.
- Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, shred the potatoes into fairly short pieces and put back into the pot.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon oil, salt, rosemary, and pepper, and mix thoroughly.
- Use the remaining oil to grease a baking sheet.
- Mold about 1 heaping tablespoon of the potato mixture into a tot and place on the baking sheet. Repeat for the remaining mixture.
- Bake for about 40 minutes, turning every 10 minutes. When the tots are golden brown all over, take them out.
- Serve immediately!